The Oscars 2017 - My favourite Looks from the Red Carpet


Hello everyone :)

Still tired from watching the Oscars all night or are you lucky enough to be able to watch it in real time ;)
Well I´ve been up all night - just like every year since I was like 14 ^^

So this year I am staying with the red carpet and after party looks.
Unfortunately I barely saw the nominated films...I know shame on me ;)
That means I wont allow myself any opinion on whether a win is justified or not.
To make it easier...because there are just too many amazing looks...
I am going to split the red carpet looks and the after party looks into to posts 
and I think I am going to post about my favourite beauty looks in a third post :)



So here they are :)
I have to say that I am not so flashed away by the looks as usually - there are many looks which are indeed pretty but also a bit strange to me ;)
So to start with - some truly amazing gowns in no particular order, but kind of in order of...
those I like most are on top and further down the less nice ones in my opinion ;)




Brie Larson
in an Oscar de la Renta dress with Aquazzura sandals


Emma Roberts
in vintage Armani


Emma Stone
in Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci with Tiffany & Co. jewellery


She wore Tiffany & Co's "Whispers of the Rain Forest" earrings in platinum and 18k gold


Chrissy Teigen in Zuhair Murad with Stuart Weitzman sandals and John Legend


Karlie Kloss
in a Stella McCartney gown, wearing an 18k white gold choker set with 38 carats of diamonds from Nirav Modi


Taraji P Henson
in a custom made Alberta Ferretti gown paired with a selection of Nirav Modi jewellery


Jessica Biel
in KaufmanFranco and with Tiffany & Co's “Whispers of the Rain Forest” diamond, platinum and 18k gold necklace


Kirsten Dunst
in Dior and jewels by Niwaka


Naomie Harris
in a Calvin Klein by Appointment dress


Felicity Jones in Dior


Nicole Kidman
in an Armani Privé gown, 119 carats Harry Winston jewels and Stuart Weitzman shoes


Isabelle Huppert
in Armani Privè and Repossi jewellery


Halle Berry
in a Versace couture gown


Michelle Williams
in Louis Vuitton


Olivia Culpo in Marchesa


Hailee Steinfeld
in Ralph & Russo


Salma Hayek
in Alexander McQueen


Charlize Theron
in a gown from Dior's spring/summer 2017 collection


Viola Davis
in a custom Armani Privé gown


Scarlett Johansson in Azzedine Alaïa
-such a fresh and lovely dress but it makes her sooo broad on top...not sure-


Priyanka Chopra
-a bit strange but also very nice-


Ruth Negga in a Valentino gown
-I cant help myself...the dress looks like a curtain...a very very nice one but...-


Meryl Streep
in a navy embellished Elie Saab gown



Leslie Mann in Zac Posen


Alicia Vikander
wearing a Louis Vuitton dress


Octavia Spencer 
in Marchesa


Jamie Dornan and Amelia Warner, in an Emilia Wickstead s/s 2017 gown


David and Jessica Oyelowo


Janelle Monae
in a Elie Saab couture gown and Forevermark diamond jewellery
-One of those "What?" looks...the top part is really nice but I don´t know about the bottom
I love everything in the right pic tho ^^-


Sofia Boutella in Chanel Couture
-I´m just not too sure about those proportions-


Dakota Johnson
in Gucci a/w 2017 and vintage Cartier jewellery, including a necklace from 1958
-I just really don´t know what to think about this...the dress is kind of nice but what happened with her hair...she just looks a little bit drowned and uncomfortable...strange-


and the guys


Mahershala Ali in Ermengildo Zegna Couture and Dwayne Johnson


Ryan Gosling in a Gucci tuxedo, Pharrell Williams in Chanel and Dev Patel in a Burberry tuxedo



Want to know more?
All the Nominees and Winners
How about reading about the best moments?
What Actually Happened With That Oscars Best Picture Shocker
Why Stars Wore Blue Ribbons to the 2017 Oscars


Which ones are your favourite looks and which ones make you wonder?
Lets talk about it =D


With lots of love
♥♥♥
Verena


pic sources

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update on my ecocube christmastree

ecocube

BLOGMAS #DAY 14 + 15 - a christmassy FOTD